Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jeremy's Musings 3 - Valentine's Day

So what did everyone get for Valentine's Day this year?

Valentine's was always very special to me. I always end up going all-out and over-exerting myself!

This year I got Deb that new massage chair she's been wanting. I thought I'd send some "good vibes" her way, LOL!

I also imported some chocolate from Vermont. She said she fell in love with that chocolate when we went on vacation there three years ago. I said Hey, honey! You're in love with the chocolate? What about me? Ha ha ha!

Finally, to make the day perfect I got us evening reservations at "Cat Man Melons." It is a French restaurant, I think, and it is renowned here for the romance factor, but nobody can pronounce the foreign name so we just call it "Cat Man Melons." Weird, I know, but that's our town for ya! Also, just to crank up the love vibes, when we were waiting for our food to be served I excused myself to the bathroom, dressed up as Santa Claus and then got the whole big band to come off the stage and play "Beautiful Dreamer." It's a combination of the things she loves that don't last to February; Christmas ends in December, of course, and the annual Stephen Foster Festival ends on January 16th, so I figured I'd get super-creative and combine then! Nobody else could have a more unique experience on Valentine's Day! Deb LOVED it. Hey, whoa, I'm having massive deja vu right now! Have I written this before?

I have to admit though (don't tell Debbie!) I was pretty disappointed with my gift.I got home from the studio to find a bunch of photos from me in high school pasted onto a basket with fake flowers in it. On each photo the word "HOTTIE" was written under my picture. It wasn't even Deb's handwriting! WTF kind of Valentine's Day present is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment